Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Applications should be sent to the German Embassy in your country by hand.
Embassy's deadline: 18/08/2019*
Duration of courses: 02/03/2020 - 31/07/2020
The International Coaching Course (ITK) – Call for Application 2020
Every year, as part of the foreign cultural and educational policy of the German Federal Foreign Office, the Sports Faculty of Leipzig University organizes two courses of postgraduate studies for coaches and physical education teachers coming from developing countries according to the DAC list of the OECD. Courses have a duration of 5 months and are offered in four alternating specializations and languages.
Eligible applicants should have:
- A maximum age of 40 years
- Completed higher education (university degree) in the field of sports
- Experience as active athlete or coach/physical education teacher
- Good physical and psychological aptitude
Current programs open for application:
- Volleyball: (in Arabic)
- Sports for the Disabled: (in English)
- Track & Field: (in French)
- Football: (in Spanish)
More information on the program, financing, and application process can be found on the program's website here.
1. The Embassy's deadline is NOT the same as the university's deadline! All applications have to be handed in at the German Embassy in Amman the latest by 18/08/2019 for the 1st round of courses for 2020 in order to arrive on time at the University of Leipzig.
2. The medical tests need to be done by a doctor approved by the embassy. Please contact the embassy for further information under firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Please only send copies of your certificates and diplomas, which are authenticated and translated into the course language. The application dossier will not be returned.